Home » Other » General » Configuration for multithreaded server on DB2 and Oracle (DB2 UDB 8.1 and Oracle 11g at Linux Redhat 4)
Configuration for multithreaded server on DB2 and Oracle [message #338177] Mon, 04 August 2008 01:53 Go to next message
linardi
Hi, everyone.

I'm a newbie at Oracle, so I would like to know about how Oracle deals with multithreaded server architecture and if possible, DB2 as well.

Will the mts_dispatchers parameter configuration enough to do the job ? I still can't illustrate the process. Does anyone give a detailed explanation, please ?

And about DB2 (if I may ask), I found out that 3 parameters are to be configured for this task, which are maxappls, numdb, and maxagents (if I'm not mistaken). If possible, could anyone give me the detailed explanation of how the process work ?

I still learning about those two and both of them seem to have different ways in dealing with the MTS architecture. That's why I wanna know the detailed differences. If anyone kind enough to share his/her knowledge, please help me...
Re: Configuration for multithreaded server on DB2 and Oracle [message #338186 is a reply to message #338177] Mon, 04 August 2008 02:37 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
OracleŽ Database Concepts

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: regarding grid computing
Next Topic: Oracle DB Lite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:29:41 CDT 2024