Home » Other » General » Server Visualization [merged]
Server Visualization [merged] [message #291566] Fri, 04 January 2008 23:29 Go to next message
john_sm
Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, Xen Virtualization, Microsoft Virtualization, Oracle Virtualization and VMWare. I will be very interested in learning from your first hand experince. I will also like to know, under what situations is one virtualization prefered over the other. - Thanks for your help
Re: Server Virtualization [message #291569 is a reply to message #291566] Fri, 04 January 2008 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626008
You got NO response above.
From my perspective your question really has NOTHING per se to do with Oracle; which could be any other application.
When push comes to shove, Oracle does not know or care about the under lying OS virtual or not.

So, explain why this question has any relevance to Oracle RDBMS itself?

Server Virtualization [message #345868 is a reply to message #291566] Fri, 05 September 2008 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john_sm
Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, Xen Virtualization, Microsoft Virtualization, Oracle Virtualization and VMWare. I will be very interested in learning from your first hand experience. I will also like to know, under what situations is one virtualization preferred over the other. - Thanks for your help
Re: Server Virtualization [message #346079 is a reply to message #345868] Fri, 05 September 2008 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
OK, multiple views on multiple forums. No answers. You've probably guessed that this wasn't a very well put question. The problem is, it is FAR too general. It shows that you have done no research of your own (whether you actually have done research or not is inconsequential, your post is SO generalized that it shows that you have not as far as we are concerned. So how about you ask a question that can be answered in, at most, a couple of paragraphs.
Re: Server Virtualization [message #346089 is a reply to message #345868] Fri, 05 September 2008 19:29 Go to previous message
ebrian
It's pretty much a moot point considering Oracle's position is "Any customer who wants to deploy Oracle products in a virtual environment should use Oracle VM".
Previous Topic: approximate licence cost
Next Topic: reg version number...!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:32:02 CDT 2024