Home » Other » General » Very important please help (windows)
Very important please help [message #358593] Tue, 11 November 2008 22:27 Go to next message
marsguy85
Hi , this is my first post here .
Pardon me for my broken english.

For my fianl year of uni , i am building a e-com website . A fictional one. I was thinking of having oracle database as a back end , to store data . A website on the front end for the users to use and browse. I have knowledge of html , i was wondering if XML could be used to create a website. And then connect xml to the database to that it works smoothly.

am i correct ? please tell me.

i dont know xml at the moment .

thanks in advance .
Re: Very important please help [message #358597 is a reply to message #358593] Tue, 11 November 2008 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest downloading the latest version of Oracle's database from their website and running their Application Express (APEX) which is supplied with it.

It has good tutorials and sample applications as part of the standard version. It is also free but limited to a single CPU and 4 gigabytes of user data. This should not be a limiting factor in creating your "e-com website".

David
Re: Very important please help [message #358612 is a reply to message #358593] Tue, 11 November 2008 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Hi , this is my first post here .

So why your post count is 12?

Quote:
Very important

I don't see anything important.

Regards
Lichel
Re: Very important please help [message #358616 is a reply to message #358612] Tue, 11 November 2008 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think he means in this forum.

David
Re: Very important please help [message #358812 is a reply to message #358593] Wed, 12 November 2008 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marsguy85
Thanks DJ.
I'll do that .

@Lichel
Yes this is my first post in this area. You wasted your precious few mins on replying me in a " not so friendly way" .
Its important to me , i never said anything about you seeing anything important here . Why even bother to reply if you cant help me dont you have better things to do than just be sarcastic & egoistic to newbies.
Re: Very important please help [message #358831 is a reply to message #358812] Wed, 12 November 2008 10:29 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Yes I should add a link to the OraFAQ Forum Guide and maybe you'd read it and understood my post.

By the way, my minutes are not precious otherwise I'd not post in forums.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Oracle Backend QA testing
Next Topic: OracleVM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:06:13 CDT 2024