Home » Other » General » rdbms
rdbms [message #365697] Tue, 14 September 1999 12:15 Go to next message
pooja
I would like to know what is actually a RDBMS.
And what are the differences between two popular RDBMS ie ORACLE and SYBASE.
Re: rdbms [message #365701 is a reply to message #365697] Thu, 16 September 1999 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m a sivan
Well RDBMS is relational Database Management System which in simple terms suggest that any data can be expressed in two-dimesional format(table) and it uses relational algebra. This is actually the basic answer and you have to read books on database systems by Desai, james Martin, CJ Date etc. to understand more. Also I have mailed u something about RDBMS. Any doubts please let me know...

ORACLE and SYBASE are again two RDBMS giants in competition and have lots of difference and similarities. But more of them are marketing gimmick. and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

please let me know for any specific reason u require the differences. For e.g if ur company is evaluation SYBASE/ORACLE etc..
Re: rdbms [message #365702 is a reply to message #365697] Thu, 16 September 1999 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m a sivan
Well RDBMS is relational Database Management System which in simple terms suggest that any data can be expressed in two-dimesional format(table) and it uses relational algebra. This is actually the basic answer and you have to read books on database systems by Desai, james Martin, CJ Date etc. to understand more. Also I have mailed u something about RDBMS. Any doubts please let me know...

ORACLE and SYBASE are again two RDBMS giants in competition and have lots of difference and similarities. But more of them are marketing gimmick. and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

please let me know for any specific reason u require the differences. For e.g if ur company is evaluation SYBASE/ORACLE etc..
Re: rdbms [message #365710 is a reply to message #365697] Fri, 01 October 1999 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Matkar
Hi,
The RDBMS based on Relational Model. There are three basic conceptual rules to identify RDBMS and all the RDBMS's follows the following rules
1. Define Integrity Constraints (Business Rules)
2. Define Relation (by using Primary and Foreign
Key)
3. Operation on Relation

So some general charactersicts are like Physical and Logical Independence and High Security etc.
In ORACLE and SYBASE, some features found in one, same thing some are notfound together.
If you have any specific Question, back to me.
Re: rdbms [message #365713 is a reply to message #365701] Sat, 09 October 1999 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen Luthra
Please answer the below question at : praveen73@hotmail.com

1. The advantages of RDBMSs over earlier DBMSs.
2. The main applications targeted by RDBMS
3. Major vendors and their market strategies
4. A comparison of Sybase with Oracle, enumerating the relative merits and demerits of each.
5. RDBMS application in Client / Server environments.

Thanks

Praveen
Re: rdbms [message #365714 is a reply to message #365701] Sat, 09 October 1999 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen Luthra
Please answer the below question at : praveen73@hotmail.com

1. The advantages of RDBMSs over earlier DBMSs.
2. The main applications targeted by RDBMS
3. Major vendors and their market strategies
4. A comparison of Sybase with Oracle, enumerating the relative merits and demerits of each.
5. RDBMS application in Client / Server environments.

Thanks

Praveen
Oracle positions available contract & perm in Texas [message #365722 is a reply to message #365697] Fri, 12 November 1999 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sally Tucker
If you're interested in oracle positions in the Texas area, contact Sally Tucker at stucker@mycroftpersonnel.com
Re: Oracle positions available contract & perm in Texas [message #365749 is a reply to message #365722] Tue, 21 December 1999 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry
Do you consider applicants from abroad?
Re: rdbms [message #365773 is a reply to message #365697] Tue, 25 January 2000 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asif Mehmood
Dear Pooja
RDBMS is a special kind of DataBase Managment System which stores data in form Table . A table consist of rows and columns each row represent a record. There many books available on RDBMSystems. Most papular writer is C.J. Date. Example of RDBMS are MS access, Oracle and Other.
for more information you can contact me
asif_mehmood@mailexcite.com
Re: rdbms [message #366170 is a reply to message #365713] Thu, 28 December 2000 04:33 Go to previous message
sudhir
i want information on re:rdbms.
Previous Topic: Interbase / Oracle
Next Topic: Objects or Relational Databases, the future?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:24:52 CDT 2024