Home » Other » General » normally what is the max size of database in MNC
normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #415795] Wed, 29 July 2009 06:02 Go to next message
selvakumarmvs
Hi,

I have strange question ,i am beginner ..normally what is the size of oracle database in mnc company..if the database size or number of user acess increase then what is the size of redolog,system tb ,control file and sysaux tb . will they become constant or increase???

these are my interview questions ..totally confused...he asking me if the size of database is 20GB ..the what is size of SGA,SYSTEM TB,SYSAUX TB,LOGFILE size...i dont have exp in large company (MNC) ..
please share your experience with me..

specify your current database size,SGA,SYSTEM TB,SYSAUX TB,LOGFILE size..

thanks
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #415800 is a reply to message #415795] Wed, 29 July 2009 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is a "mnc company"?
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #415805 is a reply to message #415800] Wed, 29 July 2009 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Well if that really was his question, then the answer would be "depends".

Specifically, SGA, SYSTEM and SYSAUX Tablespace and the logfiles have practically no connection to how big the database is.

SYSTEM and SYSAUX are *about* the same for all databases of the same version, depending a little on how many features are installed / enabled.

SGA and "LOGFILE" would be depend more on the number of users and transactions you have, not on the database size.

I think it's one of the questions where the interviewer doesn't really want to know what your answer is, but he wants to know what questions for clarification you ask.
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #415811 is a reply to message #415805] Wed, 29 July 2009 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
ThomasG wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 13:30
I think it's one of the questions where the interviewer doesn't really want to know what your answer is, but he wants to know what questions for clarification you ask.

From the numerous stupendous interview questions posted here, I really doubt it.
Another option might be that the interviewer only knew his own system. Anyone coming up with a figure not close enough to his would be a no-no.
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416010 is a reply to message #415811] Thu, 30 July 2009 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonker
Quote:
What is a "mnc company"?

Multi National Company
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416031 is a reply to message #416010] Thu, 30 July 2009 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you, Bonker; that is what I have meant as well.

However, my point was (and yes, I should have said that explicitly): as "MNC" can be anything from this list (and I guess that is doesn't cover all possible meanings of the MNC abbreviation), I'd rather write its full meaning once (first time I mention it in a message) and later, when everyone knows what I am talking about, use its acronym.
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416046 is a reply to message #416031] Thu, 30 July 2009 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonker
@littlefoot

Since your reply just said What is MNC? so I just assumed you wanted to know its full form. Anyway I understood your actual intentions behind that reply after reading your above reply.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 July 2009 04:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416098 is a reply to message #415811] Thu, 30 July 2009 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Frank wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 13:52
ThomasG wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 13:30

From the numerous stupendous interview questions posted here, I really doubt it.
Another option might be that the interviewer only knew his own system. Anyone coming up with a figure not close enough to his would be a no-no.

Well, it works both ways. When I'm the interviewee and as the questions for clarification, and the interviewer can't clarify, I know working there would be a big no-no for me as well. Very Happy
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416099 is a reply to message #416098] Thu, 30 July 2009 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
True.
I must say that even if they start asking me questions to test my knowledge, I get suspicious.
If they cannot judge my knowledge/experience from my resume plus a normal conversation about previous tasks and their project, I don't hold them high..
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416225 is a reply to message #415800] Fri, 31 July 2009 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
selvakumarmvs
thanks
consider the number users accessing increase..then which one you will increase..

1.number of redo log groups
2.size of the redo log groups
Re: normally what is the max size of database in MNC [message #416243 is a reply to message #416225] Fri, 31 July 2009 06:01 Go to previous message
ThomasG
Neither.

There is one database/hardware/OS parameter that determines the optimal size. There is one database/hardware/OS parameter that determines the optimal number.

Which is which is in the very fine documentation

Who the hell is the person asking these pretty useless question?
Previous Topic: I need your opinion guys...
Next Topic: Difference between SID and Global database name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:49:09 CDT 2024