Home » Other » General » Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database [message #101878] Thu, 08 November 2001 21:22 Go to next message
Biju Thomas
Can you please give me the details.
My email Id is thomasbiju@eth.net
Phone 91-0484-342050

www.bijuthoms.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database [message #102059 is a reply to message #101878] Sat, 26 January 2002 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert
Have you got any solutions for this.Kindly let me know the same.

Robert
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database [message #102361 is a reply to message #101878] Fri, 10 May 2002 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tulsi ram
Hello Dear,

Could you find the solution of your problem?
I am also facing the same problem.

Waiting for your response.

Tulsi Ram
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database [message #102478 is a reply to message #101878] Mon, 17 June 2002 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biju Thomas
I can help you if you are ready to pay for this.

With Regards

BT
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database (ANSWER) [message #102527 is a reply to message #101878] Wed, 10 July 2002 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikhil Joshi
Tally allows users to Import data from other software’s as well as Export data from Tally to other software’s. Tally allows users to Import and Export in ASCII, SDF and XML formats. XML is now the most widely used format of exporting data in the world. Any transactions can be exported from Tally and imported in other software after suitably altering the current structures to accept Tally data structure. The reverse is also possible by writing a small TDL program to accept the data from other software’s. The data that is to be imported into Tally can be in either XML or DBF format.

ODBC COMPLIANCE ALLOWS OTHER PROGRAMS TO USE DATA FROM TALLY DIRECTLY. E.G. : MS-EXCEL :
ODBC - OPEN DATABASE CONNECTIVITY
Tally is now ODBC compliant. Hence, any program like MS-Excel, Oracle etc that is ODBC compliant can use data from Tally. Here, data connectivity is dynamic i.e. any new updation in Tally is reflected in other ODBC Compliant Software immediately. Now, with ODBC facility the user can extract data out of Tally and design his own report formats in other ODBC compliant software's.

Procedure :

Now, Load Company -> specify period -> minimize Tally -> Open a new Excel file -> select data -> select ‘Get External Data’ -> select New database query -> choose Data Source

Tally connects to data source and displays Tally Wizard query screen -> select the columns you would want to include in the query.

Once all the columns are selected, the user returns to excel and excel displays all the columns selected
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database (ANSWER) [message #102568 is a reply to message #101878] Mon, 22 July 2002 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Datacare
TallyODBC cannot transfer data from tally as we required. Time being Tally gives this facility for a limited data and for a days transaction(not for a period)only.

Data Care Team.
Re: Exporting tally data to Sql and Oracle Database (ANSWER) [message #102814 is a reply to message #101878] Fri, 11 October 2002 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajay Kaushish
Sir,
How can i export and import tally data with Sql ?
Please send the proper procedure about this
because we r using VB as frontend and Sql as backend. So, How we restore the tally data with Sql data
Re: Exporting tally data to Oracle Database [message #244528 is a reply to message #101878] Wed, 13 June 2007 03:54 Go to previous message
sun_paraman
Have you got any solutions for this.Kindly let me know the same.
Previous Topic: ORACLE 8.1.7 Client problems
Next Topic: Oracle 11g Database official release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:13:08 CDT 2024