Home » Other » General » Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i
Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i [message #101955] Sun, 09 December 2001 20:11 Go to next message
Suzanne Michels
I've just completed a college-level class introducing the students to Oracle (SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Forms and Reports). As I've got one more semester to go before job hunting, I'd like a good tutorial (book form please) to keep my skills sharp. Can you recommend any? Reviews for Oracle PL/SQL Interactive Handbook (Rosenzweig & Silvestrova authors) and Oracle Forms Interactive Workbook (Baman Motivala) both sound good. Can you advise if they're worthwhile or if others are better?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i [message #101958 is a reply to message #101955] Mon, 10 December 2001 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hassan Ayub
Hi there,
Did you go through the 5 books for Oracle Developer Track from the Oracle Press? I would suggest that you should try to take some projects in Oracle (like developing applications and databases). This will help you a lot in understanding SQL/PL/SQL plus developing forms and reports.
Try the following books if you can get your hands on them:

Teach Yourself PL/SQL in 21 Days(SAMS Publishing)
Authors: Tom Luers, Timothy Atwood and Jonatan Gennick

ORACLE PL/SQL
Tips and Techniques
Oracle Press
Joseph C. Trezzo

Hope this will help you.

bye

Hassan

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i [message #102132 is a reply to message #101955] Fri, 22 February 2002 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramon
Tutorial Oracle Forms
Re: Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i [message #102209 is a reply to message #101955] Tue, 26 March 2002 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanjay kumar bindal
No i am also searching for the same
and if you can recommend for some good book on designer 6i then please let me know about that.
and if you get your answer about developer 6i book then let me know about that
bye
Sanjay
Re: Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i [message #102573 is a reply to message #101955] Tue, 23 July 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maram
i need a practical tutorial about oracle developer release 6i
Re: Can you recommend a good tutorial (book form) for 8i/Developer 6i [message #102732 is a reply to message #101955] Thu, 12 September 2002 02:06 Go to previous message
Sreenivas
you can go for the following

title Oracle Forms Developer's Handbook
author Albert Lulushi

all the best
Previous Topic: Re: OCP self test software
Next Topic: Re: Oracle/D2K connectivity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:59:10 CDT 2024