Home » Other » General » need input please
need input please [message #103263] Thu, 03 April 2003 10:03 Go to next message
Roxana Safranek
Hi guys. I need some feedback please. I'm looking at a product called AutoDBA. It's a Database Management tool that has similar features to other products in the marketi.e. reporting, drill-down capabilities, notification and tuning. It also has a feature called Auto-Solve that will allow automation to discover and repair problems such as storage and extent management, chaining and object rebuilds as well as analyzing the data. Once a problem is discovered, PL/SQL scripts are generated and can be automatically executed or I can implement them myself.

What I'd like to know is what if any experiences you've had with these type of tools and what your general feelings are.

Thanks in advance for your time !
Re: need input please [message #103266 is a reply to message #103263] Mon, 07 April 2003 11:41 Go to previous message
Anand
Hi,

There are lot of tools based on Oracle for tuning, backup, recovery etc. Each tool has it's own individuality and unique features. Generally speaking, these tools are good to use and they often make DBAs lazy :).

Jokes apart, my suggestion would be to take a look at these tools, evalaute them and go for it if you like it. These tools make a DBA's life easier.

A
Previous Topic: installation of oracle 9i on windows 2000 professional
Next Topic: starting up the database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:40:35 CDT 2024