Home » Other » General » Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database
Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database [message #169322] Wed, 26 April 2006 04:56 Go to next message
timoomit
Hi!

I would like to find an application which allows me to read data from a database (object-relational database schema), display it visually, make it editable and offer me the opportunity to write changed data to the database.

Does anyone have experience with Visio or some other tool?

Timo

PS: I do not want to visualize the schema, but the data of the database
Re: Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database [message #169371 is a reply to message #169322] Wed, 26 April 2006 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
If you want to make simple changes via a development tool, use something like TOAD or SQL Developer.

If you need to setup a presentable GUI for end users, consider using HTMLDB or Oracle Forms. Alternatively you can always write a front end using Java, .Net, or whatever language you fancy.
Re: Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database [message #169377 is a reply to message #169322] Wed, 26 April 2006 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timoomit
Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply. I am actually looking for some already existing software which I can put on top of my database schema plus data. Yes, it is for end users and I would like to give them the opportunity to change data and add new entries. The objects in my database are business processes; therefore I first thought of Visio which offers all the needed symbols. The visualization ought to be a mixture of diagrams and text fields (like Visio does, but only for schemas as far as I know).

Timo
Re: Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database [message #169710 is a reply to message #169322] Fri, 28 April 2006 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madhusunkara
Yes you can use Oracle SQL developer to view/add/modify/commit data. it is simple tool

Thanks
Madhu
Re: Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database [message #181740 is a reply to message #169710] Tue, 11 July 2006 06:12 Go to previous message
nghiant
SQL Navigator 5.0.
Object Brower 8.0
Previous Topic: Breakdown of Oracle Versions Percent Used
Next Topic: someone please help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:11:31 CDT 2024