Home » Other » General » Please suggest the job title
Please suggest the job title [message #176842] Sat, 10 June 2006 01:44 Go to next message
hamdard
hi,
Can someone please like to tell me that if we're working both as a developer and administrator, what should be the job title?
Oracle Database Administrator or Oracle Developer or Oracle Database Administrator/Developer.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Please suggest the job title [message #176875 is a reply to message #176842] Sun, 11 June 2006 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
I don't think there is an official title like that. However, it's not unusual for a DBA to help out with development and vice versa. In fact, in most smaller companies it is almost expected.
Re: Please suggest the job title [message #176879 is a reply to message #176875] Sun, 11 June 2006 01:35 Go to previous message
hamdard
hi,
Thanks a lot for the reply. I am confused because I'm expected to get a job where I'll be performing the duties for both as a Developer and as a DBA. The company has newly implemented the Oracle database and the ERP solution with Oracle. I may join this company but they don't know what will be th ejob title. If I'll join the company I'll suggest the job title for myself. That is why I am conused whether the Developer job title is more valuable or the DBA in the job market. Thanks again for your precious time to reply my question.
Previous Topic: Opinion please 10g or 9i?
Next Topic: Book about Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:09:25 CDT 2024