Home » Other » General » differences between tera data and oracle
differences between tera data and oracle [message #198666] Wed, 18 October 2006 03:15 Go to next message
madhuseelam
i have attended an interview in that they have asked what are the differences between tera data and oracle..
please give me the differences.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Re: differences between tera data and oracle [message #198690 is a reply to message #198666] Wed, 18 October 2006 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Ask Google to do the job; among other links, you'll get this one (which also provides some (useful?) links). Shortly, a forum member says that Tera data means warehousing (for grown-ups), while Oracle only talks about it (and is good for small Data Warehouses). Tera data, compared to other databases, is (so he says) scalable, has better performance, is flexible, requires (almost) zero DBA intervention.

I don't have any experience with Tera data, so can't tell from my own point of view. But, does all that mean that Oracle is NOT scalable? Has low performance? Isn't flexible? Hmmm ...
Re: differences between tera data and oracle [message #198693 is a reply to message #198690] Wed, 18 October 2006 04:42 Go to previous message
Maaher
I've seen Teradata once and that was indeed a pure datawarehouse. I struggled *a lot* with the crappy tool (QueryMan) we had to work with.

MHE
Previous Topic: Entity Relationship Models
Next Topic: Oracle Express Edition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:52:54 CDT 2024