Home » Other » General » data block examples (merged)
data block examples (merged) [message #231826] Wed, 18 April 2007 09:19 Go to next message
gaur_poonam

hello all,

I need some practical examples for clarify more different topics of oracle 10g like about logical storage,physical storage(like datablock,segments,datafile,controlfile,tablespace etc.) so i can get better understanding of all this structural part of oracle 10g. i got some books n conceptually the idea of all parts is clear to me but for better understanding i want some examples so it will be more clear to me.so if anyone can help me out.....

thanks so much........
regards...........
Re: need practical examples..... [message #231827 is a reply to message #231826] Wed, 18 April 2007 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Post a specific question. Someone might be able to help you.
>> but for better understanding i want some examples so it will be more clear to me
Search the forum for the topic of your interest.
Re: need practical examples..... [message #231828 is a reply to message #231827] Wed, 18 April 2007 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gaur_poonam

hi,
thank you for your kind suggession. i want to get practical example for extents,tablespace and control file. if anybody can give me some material or information regarding it....

thanks......
Re: need practical examples..... [message #231829 is a reply to message #231828] Wed, 18 April 2007 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You are still not clear.
>>practical example for extents,tablespace and control file
examples of doing what?
Most of them are covered here
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/toc.htm
and in concepts manual.
Re: need practical examples..... [message #231831 is a reply to message #231829] Wed, 18 April 2007 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gaur_poonam

hello sir,

thanks so much for this site reference. actually i want to prepare a document for information regarding extent,tablespace and controlfile so with example it will be more easier to understand what all this means and how they work. so i need some examples regarding it.

regards...
Re: need practical examples..... [message #231865 is a reply to message #231831] Wed, 18 April 2007 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
These things are not even closely related. How can you create one document regarding these, unless you are rewriting the concepts guide or the DBA-guide?
query about data block [message #231964 is a reply to message #231826] Wed, 18 April 2007 23:25 Go to previous message
gaur_poonam

hello,

1) i have a query about two prameters called PCTFREE and PCTUSED. if for better performance i need to tune both the parameters for a database, then it will affect the logical storage structure.for example i have old values set for both as,

PCTFREE=20
PCTUSED=40
now i have changed them to new values,like
PCTFREE=10
PCTUSED=50
so it will only effect to the new storage structures the old data which are already exist in database will not be affected by it. so if i want to give the changed values effect to the old data also, then is it possible? or i need to take the dump and need to restore to the new schema settings. please help me to get it solved.....

2) the other query is oracle 10g release 1 provides a rename tablespace feature. so after renaming tablespace do i need to take other backup of it or the older names backup will work. cause when i rename it, it changes all references of it in the various structures like controlfile and so on.....

please if anyone can help me.......
thanks so much.....
regards..............
Previous Topic: Question
Next Topic: Segments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:20:28 CDT 2024