Home » Other » General » Hybrid Environment
Hybrid Environment [message #253511] Tue, 24 July 2007 02:49 Go to next message
john_sm
Hey Guys, I am still in a thinking stage and will like to learn from your experience, and was wondering if any of you folks have a hybrid environment i.e. Linux and Proprietary systems and what kind of issues do you run into. And also, what pieces of technology you have - which are open source and which ones you have are proprietary and any changes you anticipate 1 year out. Greatly appreciate your help. - John Smith
Re: Hybrid Environment [message #253518 is a reply to message #253511] Tue, 24 July 2007 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Is this in relation to Oracle?
Re: Hybrid Environment [message #254338 is a reply to message #253511] Thu, 26 July 2007 09:08 Go to previous message
linlasj
Hi,
I am not sure where you are aiming here but I give it a try anyway.

As always heterogenous systems have their issues, at the site I am currently engaged in there are several. A number of software products not being able to migrate to the current version of the oracle DB, thus making implications on the environment.

Cooperation between very old Oracle DB versions and the new ones is an issue.

Mixing windows and linux is another, printing on printers that might not be supported in linux ios a third and so on.

Open source is used at this particular site when it supports business and when there is a way of getting some kind of support of the open source product.
Previous Topic: Problem in Apache Tomcat server due to Oracle 10g XE
Next Topic: Default Tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:08:02 CDT 2024