Home » Other » General » Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! !
Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! ! [message #264840] Tue, 04 September 2007 13:46 Go to next message
jroracledba
HI Experts

I am very new as Oracle DBA.
Let me explain u my environment first.

We are developing 2 different applications and for that we are going to user Oracle Database 10.2.0 on AIX platform.ALso everybody else is new to this Oracle Environment,( AIX admin, and other DBA Leads too)

Ok the question is , they did not gave me enough ( i can say no privileges) privileges of SYSDBA.
And they dont want to give me all SYSDBA privileges too.
Also they are asking me that what other BASIC privs. i needed to work as a Oracle (Development so far) DBA.

Also i dont have privileges to see V$ views, parameters ,i cant create or see any tables etc basic things.

OR even i cant go in some directories or make new one as well !! on the operating system.

SO can you PLEASE tell me what i should say to them to give me these basic privs.

or other basic privs. you may know

I KINDLY APPRECIATE THE REPLY

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2007 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! ! [message #264846 is a reply to message #264840] Tue, 04 September 2007 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
We don't know what you are suppose to do work in DEV.
Table
view
synonym
procedure
packages
Schema Related.
Re: Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! ! [message #264847 is a reply to message #264846] Tue, 04 September 2007 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jroracledba
i dont know either
they are develpoing application and hire me to be a Oracle DBA during and after the developing process.

but they are ready to give me full SYSDBA privs yet.
But till that time i want to see whats going on .. like some basic things to see V$ views, parameters ,i cant create or see any tables etc basic things.

Just to see what they are doing !!

SO for that what the privs . needed

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2007 08:20] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! ! [message #264880 is a reply to message #264840] Tue, 04 September 2007 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

I hope this will help you a lot.

HELP!!!
Re: Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! ! [message #264914 is a reply to message #264880] Wed, 05 September 2007 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Adding a pointer to the sticky to each and every post is totally pointless.
This post complies to every bit of the forum rules.
If you want to guide the poster to a specific bit of the documentation, then say so.

Back on topic:

It all depends what you consider to be DBA-work. Ask 'them', whoever the 'they' you are referring to, why you don't get DBA-privileges. They probably will know which tasks you will not be responsible for.
My guess is that 'they' are corporate DBA's, which could mean that you will not be responsible for daily backups.
Ask your project-manager what your tasks will be and talk with 'them' to see what privileges you will be needing.
Re: Junior Oracle DBA need basic help ! ! ! [message #265128 is a reply to message #264840] Wed, 05 September 2007 08:35 Go to previous message
jroracledba
Thanks for Help , i appreciate that.
Previous Topic: please help me to choose a name
Next Topic: newbie javah test1 -- Class not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:25:06 CDT 2024